Sunday, 31 July 2016

سعودی فورسز اور حوثی باغیوں میں جھڑپ، فوجی افسر سمیت 7 اہلکار ہلاک

ریاض: یمن کی سرحد کے قریب سعودی فورسز اور حوثی باغیوں کے درمیان جھڑپ کے نتیجے میں  فوجی افسر سمیت 7
اہلکار ہلاک ہوگئے۔
غیر ملکی خبر رساں ادارے کے مطابق سعودی عرب کے جنوبی شہر نجران میں یمن کی سرحد کے قریب باغیوں سے جھڑپ کے دوران فوجی افسر سمیت 7 فوجی اہلکار مارے گئے۔ سعودی حکام کا کہنا ہے کہ باغی یمن کی سرحد سے منسلک نجران شہر سے سعودی عرب میں داخل ہونے کی کوشش کررہے تھے جس پر گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹروں اور جنگی طیاروں سے باغیوں کو نشانہ بنایا گیا جس کے نتیجے میں متعدد باغی مارے گئے اور ان کی کئی گاڑیاں بھی تباہ ہوگئیں۔

Trump to slain Muslim soldier's father: 'I've made a lot of sacrifices'

NEW YORK: Donald Trump rejected criticism from the father of a soldier killed in Iraq who said the Republican presidential nominee had “sacrificed nothing and no one” and questioned whether the mother was allowed to speak during the couple's appearance at the Democratic convention.

“I think I've made a lot of sacrifices,” Trump told ABC News in excerpts of an interview posted on Saturday.

“I work very, very hard.”


Khizr Khan, a US citizen of Pakistani origin and a Muslim, won widespread praise when he spoke Thursday at the Democratic National Convention, telling the story of his son, US Army Captain Humayun Khan, who was killed by a bomb in Iraq in 2004.

He also attacked Trump for proposing a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States and asked if the candidate had read the US Constitution.

He pulled out a pocket-copy from the inside of his suit coat, in one of the most commented moments on the night that Hillary Clinton accepted her party's nomination for president.

“Did Hillary's script writers write it?” Trump asked ABC's George Stephanopoulos in the interview, saying he has indeed sacrificed by employing thousands of people, and raising “millions of dollars” for veterans.

Trump said Khan appeared “very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me.” But the businessman also cast doubt on why Khan's wife did not speak.

“She was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me,” Trump said.

Clinton at a campaign rally Saturday night in Youngstown, Ohio, said the Khans specifically and Muslims generally are the most recent recipients of Trump's insults, and referenced his past statements about immigrants and the disabled.

“It's a long list my friends. I don't know, maybe he doesn't have anything positive to say,” Clinton said.

Earlier in the day, Clinton said in a statement that she was “very moved to see Ghazala Khan stand bravely and with dignity in support of her son on Thursday night. And I was very moved to hear her speak last night, bravely and with dignity, about her son's life and the ultimate sacrifice he made for his country.”


“I said: 'I really don't, I have my thoughts in my head,'” Khan told the Times, adding, “'Just let me say what I want to say. It will be heart-to-heart'.”

Saturday, 30 July 2016

کوریا میں مسلمانوں کی جدید تاریخ۔ تحقیق۔ محمد عبدہ۔

1920 میں عرب ترک اور سنٹرل ایشیا کے مسلمان تاجروں نے کوریا سے تجارت شروع کردی تھی۔ ترک تاجروں نے سیول کے نواح میں رہائشیں اختیار کی اور درزی بیکری اور دوسرے چھوٹے کاروبار شروع کردئیے۔ مسلمانوں کی تعداد بڑھنے پر انہوں نے حکومت کی اجازت سے 1934 میں سیول شہر میں ایک عمارت خریدی جس کی پہلی منزل پر کمیونٹی سنٹر بنایا گیا اور دوسری منزل پر مسجد قائم کی جس میں بچوں کا سکول بھی شروع کیا گیا تھا
جنگ عظیم دوئم شروع ہونے پر بہت سے کورین چینی علاقے منچوریا میں ہجرت کرگئے جو کہ روس کے قریب شمال مشرقی صوبہ تھا۔ یہ کورین وہاں مسلمان ہوگئے لیکن واپس نہیں آئے۔ یہاں تک کہ 1945 میں جاپان کوریا سے نکل گیا۔ جاپان کے جانے کے بعد آزاد متحدہ کوریا میں منچورین مسلمانوں کی واپسی شروع ہوئی۔ لیکن ان کی تعداد اتنی کم تھی کہ کوریا جنگ کے خاتمے کے بعد 1955 تک ہم کوریا میں مسلمانوں کا زکر تو کرسکتے ہیں لیکن کورین مسلم سوسائٹی کا زکر ممکن نہیں۔

کوریا میں مسلمانوں کی دوبارہ آبادکاری میں سب اہم کردار ترکی کا ہے۔ کوریا جنگ کے دوران اقوام متحدہ کے تحت ہزاروں ترکش فوجی جنوبی کوریا کی طرف سے لڑنے آئے۔ ترکش فوجیوں نے جنگ لڑنے کے علاوہ امدادی سرگرمیوں میں بھی بھرپور حصہ لیا۔ ترکش فوج کے امام عبدالغفور کارا اسماعیل اگلو نے فوجی بیرک کے اندر ایک مسجد قائم کی جہاں فوجی نماز پڑھتے تھے۔ اور ساتھ میں غریب کورین بچے جو سکول نہیں جاسکتے تھے انہیں پڑھانے کا سلسلہ شروع ہوا۔ اسی دوران بہت سے کورین مسلمان ہوگئے۔ 10 جون 1955 کو امام عبدالغفور کے ایک لیکچر کو سن کر 57 کورین نے اسلام قبول کرلیا۔ یہ ایک بہت بڑا واقعہ تھا۔ جس نے کوریا میں اسلام کی راہیں ہموار کرنے میں اہم قرار ادا کیا۔ چند مقامی مسلمان اور منچورین مسلمان جو واپس آچُکے تھے اور ترکش فوج کے مسلمانوں نے ملکر 1955 میں “کورین مسلم سوسائٹی” کے قیام پر کام شروع کیا اور ایک سال بعد 1956 میں پہلی “کورین مسلم سوسائٹی” کی بنیاد رکھی۔ اس سوسائٹی میں 200 کورین مسلمان ممبران تھے۔ جن کے سربراہ عمر کم جن اور محمد ین دو ینگ تھے۔ یہ دونوں منچوریا میں مسلمان ہوئے تھے۔ 1959 میں عمر کم اور صابری جنگ کل پہلے کورین مسلمان بنے جو حج کیلے گئے۔
کوریا میں مسلمانوں کی تعداد اور مسجدیں
تیل کی دریافت کے بعد کافی کورین مڈل ایسٹ ملازمت کیلے چلے گئے۔ بہت سے مسلمان ہوکر واپس آئے۔ یہ سوسائٹی جب بہت بڑی ہوگئی تو 1967 میں “کورین مسلم فیڈریشن” کا قیام ہوا۔ تب تک کورین مسلمانوں کی تعداد 3000 تک ہو چکی تھی۔ فیڈریشن کے صدر پارک چھنگ ہی نے مسلمان ملکوں کے ساتھ دوستانہ تعلقات بنائے اور انہیں سیول میں مسجد بنانے کی طرف متوجہ کیا۔ ملائشین حکومت نے 1962 میں مسجد بنانے کیلے 33000 ڈالر کا عطیہ دیا تھا۔ فیڈریشن نے مزید فنڈ کا انتظام کرکے 1976 میں ایتیوان سیول میں مسجد بنائی۔ جسے سیول سینٹرل مسجد کہا جاتا ہے۔ مسجد بننے پر مسلمانوں کو ایک مرکزی جگہ مل گئی اور چند ہی سالوں میں کورین مسلمانوں کی تعداد 3000 سے بڑھکر 15000 ہوگئی جو کہ 1990 تک 30000 ہوچکی تھی۔ اور سیول سنٹرل مسجد کے علاوہ پوسان انیانگ جون جو میں مسجدیں قائم ہوچکی تھیں۔ کوریا میں انڈسٹری کے قیام کے ساتھ ہی پاکستان انڈونیشیا ملائیشیا اور دوسرے مسلمان ممالک سے ہزاروں ورکر کام کے سلسلے میں آئے۔ 1997 تک کورین مسلمانوں کی تعداد 35000 اور غیرملکی مسلمانوں کی تعداد 150,000 تک تھی۔ 2015 میں کورین مسلم فیڈریشن کے مطابق کوریا میں تقریباً 40000 کورین مسلمان ہیں۔ جن میں سے 10000 کسی کسی نا طرح رابطے میں رہتے ہیں۔ یہ تعداد بھی ایک محتاط اندازہ ہے کیونکہ کورین قانون کے مطابق اپنے مذہب کو ظاہر کرنا ضروری نہیں ہے۔ اس لیے مسلمانوں کے تمام اعدادوشمار غیر سرکاری اور غیرحتمی ہیں۔ جبکہ تقریباً مسلمان ملکوں سے آنے والے 12,0000 فیکٹری ورکر اس کی علاوہ ہیں۔ جن کی تعداد کم زیادہ ہوتی رہتی ہے

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Kuwait jails Shia lawmaker for insulting Saudi, Bahrain

A Kuwaiti court on Wednesday sentenced a Shia lawmaker to 14 years and six months in absentia for remarks deemed highly offensive to fellow Gulf states Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

Abdulhameed Dashti received 11 years and six months for insulting Saudi Arabia and three years for insulting Bahrain in another case.


The outspoken lawmaker, who has been living overseas for the past four months, was also convicted of endangering Kuwait's diplomatic ties with the two countries and for calling on people to join the Lebanese Hezbollah militia.

Dashti described the sentences as “oppressive” on his Twitter account, but insisted that he will not back down.

The verdicts are not final but Dashti can only challenge them when he goes back to the oil-rich emirate. He did not say when he will return.

Dashti, a strong supporter of Iran and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, told parliament in March that he was undergoing medical treatment in Britain.

The lawmaker still faces several similar cases and if convicted could receive additional jail terms.

Dashti has been a vocal critic of the royal families of both Saudi Arabia and Bahrain.

He denounced the 2011 Saudi military intervention in Bahrain to support the government against Shia-led protests as an “invasion”.

In May last year, Dashti filed a request to question the Kuwaiti foreign minister over the country's participation in the Saudi-led air campaign against Yemen's Huthi rebels.

But parliament refused to allow him to grill the minister over Kuwait's involvement, which he alleged was in breach of the constitution.

There are just nine Shia MPs in Kuwait's 50-seat parliament. The minority community comprises some 30 per cent of the country's native population of 1.3 million.

Massive IS bomb attack kills 44 in Syrian Kurdish city

A massive bomb blast claimed by the militant Islamic State group killed at least 44 people and wounded dozens on Wednesday in the Kurdish-majority Syrian city of Qamishli.


It was the largest and deadliest attack to hit the city since the beginning of Syria's conflict in March 2011.

Syrian state media gave a toll of 44 dead and 140 injured in the bombing, which hit a western district of the city where several local Kurdish ministries are located.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor gave a toll of 48 dead, adding that children and women were among those killed.

The blast was initially described as a double bombing, but local officials and the Observatory said the bomb had detonated a nearby fuel container, leading to reports of a second explosion.

An AFP journalist saw devastating scenes in the bomb's aftermath, with distraught civilians, some covered in blood, staggering through rubble past twisted metal and the burned-out remains of cars.

One man running along the streets was completely covered in blood, his shirt drenched red.

He was gripping the arm of a small boy whose face was grey and red with blood and dust.

They ran past a hysterical woman who was crying and screaming, her clothes torn. A girl and boy stood next to her, apparently in shock.

Children could be heard screaming as smoke rose from small fires that continued to burn amongst the rubble.

Civilians and local security forces with guns slung across their backs worked to carry the dead and wounded from the remains of damaged and destroyed buildings.

Regular bombings
The IS group claimed the attack in a statement circulated on social media, calling it “a response to the crimes committed by the crusader coalition aircraft” in the town of Manbij, a bastion of the militant group in Syria's Aleppo province.

Kurdish fighters have been a key force battling the militants in north and northeastern Syria and are the main component in the Syrian Democratic Forces alliance currently seeking to oust IS from Manbij.

They are backed by air strikes launched by the US-led coalition fighting IS in Syria and Iraq.

Qamishli is under the shared control of the Syrian regime and Kurdish authorities, who have declared zones of “autonomous administration” across parts of north and northeast Syria.

It has regularly been targeted in bomb attacks, many of which have been claimed by IS.

But a source in the Kurdish Asayesh security forces told AFP “this is the largest explosion the city has ever seen.”

The area targeted houses several Kurdish administration buildings including the defence ministry and was considered a secure zone, with multiple checkpoints and security measures in place.

“This blast is the biggest in Qamishli in terms of both the toll and the damage since the beginning of the war,” Observatory director Rami Abdel Rahman said.

Local officials said hospitals in the city had been swamped with casualties from the attack.

And Syrian state television carried an appeal from the governor of Hasakeh province, where Qamishli is located, urging residents to “go to public and private hospitals to donate blood for the victims of the terrorist bombings.”

Muslim women beaten over rumours of carrying beef in India

Two Muslim women have been beaten up at a railway station in central India on suspicion of carrying beef, an offence in many parts of the Hindu-majority country, police said Wednesday.


The meat the women were carrying has since turned out to be buffalo, but police in Madhya Pradesh state said they were attacked on Tuesday at a busy station, apparently after a group of vigilantes raised suspicions.

Video footage broadcast on local television channels showed a group of women slapping, kicking and punching the two as a large crowd gathered.

In the video filmed by one of the spectators, policemen are seen making feeble attempts to control the crowd.

The two women were subsequently arrested on suspicion of carrying beef.

Tests found it was actually buffalo, and they now face the lesser charge of carrying commercial quantities of meat without a licence.

Cows are revered by Hindus and slaughtering them is illegal in most Indian states.

Several states also bar the sale and possession of beef, and there has been a recent upsurge in attacks by vigilantes from the Hindu right on people suspected of killing cows.

“We had prior information and had deputed force to arrest them but unfortunately some people attacked them,” said Manoj Sharma, district police chief of Mandsaur where the incident occurred.

None of the people who attacked the two women had been arrested for the assault, Sharma said.

It comes days after a group of low-caste Hindu men were beaten by vigilantes in the western state of Gujarat on suspicion of killing a cow — a charge they denied.

The men said they were taking the dead cow to be skinned — a task commonly given to low-caste villagers in India, where the animals roam freely.

Opposition parties raised the latest attack in parliament on Wednesday and demanded the government act against vigilante groups

Man reverts to Islam at the age of 87 after staying 55 years in Saudi Arab, choose “Mohammad” as his name

Man reverts to Islam at the age of 87 after staying 55 years in Saudi Arab, choose “Mohammad” as his name
An 87-year-old US engineer reverted to Islam after staying for nearly 55 years in Saudi Arabia, a newspaper reported on Thursday.
Albert Hans decided to embrace Islam this week after such a long stay in the oil-rich Gulf Kingdom, during which he witnessed the eras of six kings, Sada said.
“He reverted to Islam on Ramadan 21 and choose Mohammed as his name,” the paper said in a report from the Western Red Sea port of Jeddah.
Born in California, Hans has 24 grandchildren. He came to Saudi Arabia in 1961 and was the main engineer in power network designs at royal palaces and other places.

Tuesday, 26 July 2016

مقبوضہ کشمیر میں بھارتی فوجیوں کی درندگی کا سلسلہ جاری

فیس بک پر مہم میں پاکستانی عوام نے بھارتی شخصیات کے زخمی چہرے دکھا کر ان کی خاموشی کو تنقید کا نشانہ بنایا ہے
فیس بک پر چلنے والی مہم میں ایک پیج میں نریندر مودی ، امیتابھ بچن ، محبوبہ مفتی اور مارک زکر برگ کے زخمی چہروں کو دکھاتے ہوئے ان کی خاموشی پر تنقید کی گئی ہے ۔ مقبوضہ وادی میں نہتے کشمیریوں پر ہونے والے ظلم و ستم پر پاکستان کا ہر شہری سراپا احتجاج ہے




 ۔ فیس بک پر چلنے والی ایک مہم میں مشہور بھارتی شخصیات کے چہرے کو فوٹو شاپ سے پیلٹ گن سے زخمی دکھایا گیا ہے ۔ ان تصاویر میں چھروں سے زخمی بھارتی وزیر اعظم کی آنکھوں پر پٹی باندھی گئی ہے ۔ کشمیریوں پر چپ سادھنے والی سونیا گاندھی کی ایک آنکھ ضائع ہے ۔ فلموں میں بڑھ چڑھ کر مظلوموں کا ساتھ دیتے امیتابھ بچن بھی کشمیر کے معاملے پر خاموش ہیں ۔ سیف علی خان ، ایشوریا رائے ، عالیہ بھٹ بھی زخموں سے بھری ہیں ۔ مقبوضہ وادی کی کٹھ پتلی وزیر اعلیٰ محبوبہ مفتی کو بھی اندھا دکھایا گیا ہے ۔ کراچی سے شروع ہونے والی اس مہم میں فیس بک کے بانی مارک زکر برگ کی خاموشی پر بھی سوال اٹھایا ہے 
۔ مہم شروع کرنے والے جبران ناصر کا کہنا 
ہے کہ ڈیجیٹل دور میں کشمیر کی جدوجہد کے بارے میں آگہی پیدا کرنے کے لیے یہ ایک بہترین طریقہ ہے 

Monday, 25 July 2016

Say hello to iJihad

Not to be outdone by the rest in the Internet age, the Jihadists have readily embraced modern communication technologies. From their recruitment videos on YouTube to timely tweets of their vicious attacks on civilians, the Jihadists are out and about preaching online to whoever is willing to listen to their diatribe.


It started earlier with the video recorders, when the militants recorded their attacks and sent the videos to the news media. Hezbollah of Lebanon was among the first to use videos of their attacks as a propaganda tool. The advent of YouTube made the task even simpler: kill, record, and upload.

The emergence of Web 2.0 technologies has transformed the way individuals, corporations, and governments communicate, using social media. The jihadists of today are unlike those of yesteryears who shunned all things western.


To the older generations, TV was an evil box. To the modern-day Jihadists, Facebook and Twitter are godsend. Even IS has launched an Arabic language Twitter app (The Dawn of Glad Tidings) to recruit and raise funds.

The Jihadists do share common traits with others in the way they use the Internet to recruit. They use social media to communicate with like-minded individuals and keep them abreast of their activities. Tweeting about their latest exploits or Facebook status updates about attacks in the semi-rural hinterlands of hard-to-reach places, which are yet to be profiled by Google street maps, keep the propaganda engine churning.

The Jihadists rely on the word-of-mouth approach by placing their content in cyberspace. They have not been able to take out online Ads to target their message at the intended. It is highly unlikely that Google Ads will carry messages for IS or Boko Haram. Instead, the reverse is true. Jihadists social media accounts are routinely suspended by the companies and ISP providers refuse to host their online content. The Jihadists then have learned to operate within the limits to avoid a clampdown on their recognised Internet outlets.

TV evangelism morphed earlier into digital evangelism. The Jihadists have taken this a step further. They use the social media to field questions from wannabe jihadists.

A European Jihadi wannabe asked an Internet-savvy Jihadist about the quality of dental care in Syria. The aspiring Jihadi was concerned about his braces. Another inquired about the general quality of healthcare. Yet another westerner was concerned about the availability of central heating in Syria and Iraq.

While the Jihadist’s use of social media often provides comic relief, it is also successful in converting young westerners to extremist ideologies. The Great Recession of 2007/08 had a devastating impact on European economies. The youth unemployment rate spiked as a result.

Unemployed rebels without a cause think they can find a purpose in the battlefields of Syria and Iraq. Even young western women are lured by the Jihadist videos some of whom have left for the Middle East to become Jihadi wives.

Better online than offline
Many view the Jihadists use of the Internet to communicate and propagate as a blatant abuse of the public good, the Internet.

Some call for strict restrictions on the Jihadists’ online activities. The Jihadist propaganda invokes centuries-old imagery and reminisces about establishing a caliphate, returning to a barter economy with gold reserves, and uses swords and knives for beheadings.

Given their nostalgic outlook on life and values, many find it odd that the Jihadists have so eagerly adopted the modern ways of communication and warfare. The Internet, automatic weapons, dual cabin vehicles are all products of modern society, which the Jihadists violently oppose and yet, willingly adopt its products at the same time.

The call to push Jihadists off the information highway is understandable, but not useful. The fact that the Jihadists use mobile phones and Internet technologies is extremely helpful in tracking and monitoring their activities.
Given that only a handful of super highways exist through which all digital communications passes, it is quite possible to put in place surveillance systems to monitor chatter and apply filters to the noisy data to determine what is being said or planned.

Most breakthroughs in capturing or terminating violent militants happened either by sheer luck or by effective monitoring of digital communications.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...